Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

james payne 1843

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gary

Gary Report 24 Oct 2007 19:46

Iam trying to find any info about James Payne born in 1843 in Purton Wilts. He died in Sevenoaks Kent in 1890.James married Lucy Bennett born 1843 in Chalton Wilts.They got married in1865 in Faversham Kent.They had 3 son's Henry 1878,Charles 1872, William 1880 and 4 daughters Martha 1870, Sarah 1874, Lucy 1876 and Annie 1884. Any info on his ancesters would be great as I have drawn a blank on tracing any further back in my family. Thanks Gary.

scorpio10

scorpio10 Report 9 Jan 2008 13:34

Hi Gary,
Long shot but do you by any chance have a Hyacinth Lily (Lillian) Payne(my paternal grandmother) anywhere in your tree.
She was born on the Isle of Sheppey in 1893 and married a Sidney Stanbridge.
regards Peta