Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Peace

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gillian

Gillian Report 24 Jan 2006 21:33

Hi- We are realted to the peace family in sheffield Gt Grandfather was George Peace...1867-1899 , his father was daniel peace c1828, mother Alathea(Martha) beal George's Father was Daniel Peace 1828- brother to Charles Peace(the infamous murderer who was hung 25th february 1879) Daniel's father was John Peace 1784, we are trying to trace his parents- we think he may have had a brother named francis 1787??can anyone help We would be glad to hear from anyone who has any further information Thanks Gillian Nicholls & Maureen Antrobus

Eldon

Eldon Report 3 Apr 2018 13:10

I am the daughter of Rita Ivy Peace born in 1937 in Walsall. I am currently trying to find her relatives in the Birmingham area. I know that she had 3 or 4 siblings but if they are still alive, they would be quite elderly now.
I'm not sure if this Peace family is the same ?

Jeanie Eldon

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 3 Apr 2018 13:17

Jeanie -

It's 12 years since Gillian posted that enquiry, and she won't be looking for replies here now.

You can try sending her a private message - just click on her name at the top of her post.
If she still uses the same email address she registered with GR when she joined, GR will be able to let her know there's a message from you in the system.

she may then be able / willing to read and reply to it - but no guarantees.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 3 Apr 2018 13:25

Rita's birth was registered in Cannock reg district.

Siblings:
John H, 1938, Cannock

Possibly twins Anthony R and James H, 1939, Walsall.

No others in Staffordshire, but maybe the parents moved?

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 3 Apr 2018 13:30

Deleted - info about Rita - but of course you already knew it.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 3 Apr 2018 14:14

Info for Jeanie on here..............

https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/374256