Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

trying to found more on leonard pearson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Christopher

Christopher Report 18 Mar 2008 18:49

i have done all the census but now i want to go far now on him and can not found anything on him about all i know in 1841 census he was a cooper and he was bonr about 1811 i have looked on the igi nothing off him came up please help anyway

many thank

chris

WayneTracey

WayneTracey Report 18 Mar 2008 18:54

Christopher,

Your next step is to go to the Records Office for the County they were all born in. You can then look at the Parish Records and take your family further back.

Regards

Tracey

Christopher

Christopher Report 18 Mar 2008 18:55

thanks you so much tracy but they are from northumberland haltwhistle and i live nottingham
i might have to go up there for day ans stop over somewhere thanks

Roger

Roger Report 1 Jun 2008 02:15

If you do go up there, the Parish records for Haltwhistle are held in Newcastle City archives. I think I read somewhere that they are not accessible at present due to a new building be errected. You need to check before you go

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 1 Jun 2008 03:36

You may want to check back occasionally on the IGI ..... they are believed to rotate records at regular intervals.

sylvia

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 1 Jun 2008 03:45

Christopher

I searched on the IGI, and found his birth/christening, with his parents names, and his marriage to Jane Ainsley

Unfortunately ..... the marriage information is SUBMITTED, ie sent in by a church member with no backing documentation. So you will still at some point have to go up there and search yourself ................. but you can take this under advisement for the time being

Here are the names

International Genealogical Index / British Isles - 7
Select records to download - (50 maximum)
1. LEONARD PEARSON - International Genealogical Index

2. LEONARD PEARSON - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Male Christening: 25 DEC 1808 Haltwhistle, Northumberland, England

3. LEONARD PEARSON - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Male Christening: 04 OCT 1818 Haltwhistle, Northumberland, England

4. LEONARD PEARSON - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Male Christening: 17 JUN 1821 Haltwhistle, Northumberland, England

5. LEONARD PEARSON - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Male Marriage: 06 JUL 1833 Haltwhistle, Northumberland, England

6. LENARD PEARSON - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Male Marriage: 06 JUL 1833 Haltwhistle, Northumberland, England

7. LEONARD PEARSON - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Male Christening: 17 JUL 1842 Haltwhistle, Northumberland, England

Just click on each one and it leads you to the full informations. Scroll down to see if EXTRACTED (taken from the actual record) or SUBMITTED.

sylvia