Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Richard John Pearson b1823 Thorne d 1891 Hamburg

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ian

Ian Report 6 Oct 2009 18:29

I am looking for information on Richard John Pearson. He came from a Ship building Family from Thorne, Nr. Doncaster, Yorkshire. He was a merchant and probably a ship owner like his father. We think he married an Isabella Gibson and had a son Richard William Pearson who was born about 1872 and died in Hamburg in 1916.

I would love to find out more on this side of my family and how I go about finding information from German record sites.

Ian Pearson
Clacton on Sea

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 6 Oct 2009 20:31

have we done this before Ian - sounds familiar to me

Ian

Ian Report 7 Oct 2009 22:43

Hi Ann

I did post it but was asked to delete it and re post it under surname information which is what I am doing

Regards

Ian

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 8 Oct 2009 12:36

English heritage - Yorkshire surnames - Yorkshire heritage -...
His son was Richard Pearson Started a shipbuilding business at Thorne Quay (now waterside) just outside ... I am looking for info on the Pearson/ Peardon family in the 1800. ..... Poynter who were both publicans in the Doncaster area. ...

www.dalesman.co.uk/familyq/p.htm - 87k - Similar pages

http://www.dalesman.co.uk/familyq/p.htm
Yorkshire genealogy - find my Yorkshire family tre...
Balby Hexthorpe Doncaster. (Grandson of Ernest) believe one may have emigrated to NSW Australia. ... I am trying to find any family still in the Yorkshire area . ..... His son was Richard Pearson Started a shipbuilding business at Thorne ...

www.dalesman.co.uk/familyq/c.htm - 138k - Similar pages

[ More results from www.dalesman.co.uk ]

http://www.dalesman.co.uk/familyq/c.htm
Tadcaster - Family History, Genealogy, Surnames and Local Hi...
William E. Smith in Cincinnati (he b. near Doncaster; his data reported there) .... relating to these families and their links with the shipbuilding trades .... Looking for Pearson ancestors in the Thorne - Fishlake area of Yorkshire ...

www.curiousfox.com/history/westridingyorkshire_1... - 61k - Similar pages