Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

trying to find

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Valerie

Valerie Report 27 Nov 2007 18:43

im trying to find any reletives of miss gladys pennick who married a mr arthur john giles these are my grandparents on my fathers side of the family. im trying to do our family tree

Suzi-Wong

Suzi-Wong Report 27 Nov 2007 18:51

Freebmd has Gladys Pennick marrying David Main June quarter 1927 in Bradford.

Is this likely? Where was your dad born? What's on his birth certificate?

Suzanne

Valerie

Valerie Report 1 Dec 2007 22:45

the gladys im looking for married a mr arthur john giles my dads name is frank william giles born in essex

Suzi-Wong

Suzi-Wong Report 2 Dec 2007 15:23

What date is the birth? What does it say on the birth certificate?...Father's name..mother's name....address?

Suzanne

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 8 Dec 2007 21:08

Jeez, Valerie. If you'd just answered the questions, you might have got some help.

Is this your Gladys?

Name: Gladys Pennick
Year of Registration: 1904
Quarter of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep
District: Durham (1837-1938)
County: Durham
Volume: 10a
Page: 441

-- that is, is that when she would have been born, to be the mother of your father?

If you answer the question about when your father was born, it would help considerably.

Also: does his birth certificate say that his parents were Gladys Pennick and Arthur John Giles?

If you don't know that for sure, you could be sending people trying to help you on a complete wild goose chase.