Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

William Pickering born 1809 Yorkshire

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

searcher

searcher Report 20 Nov 2007 00:02

William Pickering born 1809 farmer at Saintoft Grange 1851.

Hoping to make contact with anyone who may be able to help with more info about ancestors of William.

searcher

searcher Report 20 Nov 2007 23:13

Thanks JoanS

Not sure about birthdate. Saintoft is in Pickering Parish, North Yorkshire.

searcher

searcher Report 20 Nov 2007 23:39

1851 census I think says aged 42 or could be 43- not clear. Listed as Saintoft Grange, district Pickering, Lastingham.

kay

kay Report 21 Nov 2007 16:59

do you know names of their children.? kay

searcher

searcher Report 21 Nov 2007 18:17

I have their children Kay- but I ca't get further back than the William of 1809. I live at distance and can't find a register of William's birth. He married Ann Elliott born 1815 and if I could find theoir marriage details it would help go furtehr back in time?

Thanks for your interest- much appreciated by a novice hunter!

searcher

searcher Report 21 Nov 2007 18:20

Children's names as far as I know- may be more!: Fanny, James, Ann, Mercy, Anna, John and perhaps Mary Ann

kay

kay Report 21 Nov 2007 21:43

my family pickerings are henry born ranby notts 1837. dont know his parents yet or siblings or where they originated from. will post on what i find. kay