Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Pike

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Diane

Diane Report 28 Sep 2006 20:47

have come to a lil problem lol. i found a james pike i believe to be my g grandfather on the 1861 and 71 census but on the 1891 census i found a james pike the same age (68) as the first one i found would be but with a new wife can anyone help me find out if there is a connection. thanks

Inkisal

Inkisal Report 27 Oct 2007 15:36

Hi Diane
You might want to give a bit more detail on your query - I can tell that your James Pike was born in 1823 (ish) but according to FreeBMD (which is not complete!) there are over 40 instances of a James Pike getting married in the time frame you mention. So... Who was James' original wife? Who was his second wife? Where were they living? That should help someone (eg me!) to help you a bit more...Mind you, given how old your query is on GR - you may have sorted it by now! In which case, please disregard this email. Am myself looking for a Jane Pike, hence my own interest.

Regards
Niki

Denise

Denise Report 5 Nov 2007 15:45

hi i have a jane pike in my tree if any good to you? born 1834

regards

denise