Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

birth father

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susan

Susan Report 6 Sep 2007 18:57

I am trying to find information on my birth father joseph frederick powers born derby england? 1922?
married jean dorothy eley but later divorced, my father died some time in the 70,s
If anyone can shed any light on this side of the family I would be grateful as i know nothing about my fathers side at all except he had a brother frank and a sister dorothy

Samspade

Samspade Report 6 Sep 2007 19:05

Hi,
birth details for Joseph F Powers
oct-dec 1923 mother's maiden name Bates district Derby vol 7b page 962

Samspade

Samspade Report 6 Sep 2007 19:07

found Francis W Powers mmn bates derby oct-dec 1920

Arthur E Powers mmn bates derby april-june 1922

Samspade

Samspade Report 6 Sep 2007 19:24

Ernest Powers married Ada E Bates 1916 Jul-Sep District Derby Vol 7b page 1080

Samspade

Samspade Report 7 Sep 2007 11:28

Hope this info has helped you

Susan

Susan Report 2 Nov 2007 22:09

thanks for the help, i have now traced back my family tree on my fathers side to the 1700 with the help of others on genes. also i have traced living relatives, several times removed but, at least they are there
thanks again sue