Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Alfred Prangle from Winchester

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Doreen

Doreen Report 28 Dec 2007 21:56

My Grandfather was Alfred Prangle from Winchester.I would love to learn more of his family and know more about him.He died in 1942 when I was two.I know he served in the Kings Royal Riflers. As Prangle is not a comman name are there any out there who may know of him or be related. He also trained ay Neller Hall Miltaryt School of Music as a cornet player.Doreen

Doreen

Doreen Report 29 Dec 2007 21:15

This is very interesting. Ann and John were my Grans parents,she is the Ellen. Alfred was her cousin.Didn't know he lived with them though.They ended up getting married. I cant print this off.Any chance you could email it to me . Thanks for your help,things are fitting into place.Regards Doreen

Heather

Heather Report 29 Dec 2007 21:38

If you bought your grandparents marriage cert you could also see grandads fathers name and occupation.

If this is Arthurs birth cert you could buy it for both parents names and the address of his birth: Go to GRO online and register, use the reference details given below and pay £7 -

http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/

Births Jun 1871
Prangle Alfred Winchester 2c 92

You should be able to print info from here by hightlighting and copying the text then pasting it onto something like a blank page on your word processor?

Doreen

Doreen Report 30 Dec 2007 10:42

Thanks Heather.I do have Grandads birth certificate and so know he was born in Winchester to Thomas and Mary Prangle nee Aldridge.Cant find any info on them,family never spoke of his family and why at 9 was he living with his Aunt etc. By the way printer was playing up but is ok now so have printed off info.Many Thanks.Happy New Year.Doreen

Doreen

Doreen Report 31 Dec 2007 22:55

Yes this is Alfreds parents. He was born in 1871 to Thomas and Mary nee Aldridge. Have traced her side back to 1700s but Prangles no further tan Thomas. Thanks Doreen