Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Quillan

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Catherine

Catherine Report 3 Jun 2007 12:10

PHILIP McQUILLAN born IRELAND approx 1815 +/- 5 years CATHERINE McQUILLAN born HULL approx 1853 PHILIP married MARY and settled first in HULL where their children Frank, Mary, James, Andrew, Ann and Catherine were born, then later in the North East starting in GATESHEAD and moving to the BYKER area of NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE. In 18 72 Catherine married Thomas Wilkes in NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE and by this time she had dropped the Mc from her name so appeared on the marriage certificate as QUILLAN. Any info on the family would be must appreciated. Catherine and Thomas are my gran's parents but gran died many years ago so I have nothing to go on other than research! I have trawled the births records and cannot find CATHERINE being born!!!!!Thanks to anyone who can help.