Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Marriage children

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pauline

Pauline Report 11 Nov 2010 14:29

Hi im doing my tree and im trying to find the marriage of Cecil Radford and Edna Jenkins in coventry. They were my nan and grandad. I know they had about 12 children but i cant find some of them please could you help me and if they had any sisters or brothers.

Mike *

Mike * Report 11 Nov 2010 14:31

His name was Cyril not Cecil

Marriages Mar 1934 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jenkins Edna M - Radford Coventry 6d 1223
Radford Cyril W - Jenkins Coventry 6d 1223

Pauline

Pauline Report 11 Nov 2010 14:34

Thank you can u find out about their children i know their is only 3 sisters left and 1 brother.

Mike *

Mike * Report 11 Nov 2010 14:37

Do you know where your Grandparents were born ? ......and roughly when please?

Pauline

Pauline Report 11 Nov 2010 14:38

Thank you again

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 11 Nov 2010 14:43

I will send possible children's births by private message as these people may still be living.

Kath. x

Kucinta

Kucinta Report 11 Nov 2010 14:43

Only 3 or so on FreeBMD; am pming the others I can find as most could well be living, and this is a public forum.

Only found 10 probables.

Flick

Flick Report 11 Nov 2010 14:44

?????

Name: Cyril William Radford
Birth Date: 12 Feb 1913
Death Registration Month/Year: Jun 1998
Age at death (estimated): 85
Registration district: Coventry
Inferred County: Warwickshire
Register number: B58A
District and Subdistrict: 0631B
Entry number: 9

Flick

Flick Report 11 Nov 2010 14:46

No birth on Ancestry matching the DOB on the death record..............

Kucinta

Kucinta Report 11 Nov 2010 15:01

Maybe he changed his name around a bit. No birth for Cyril, but one for Cecil...

Birth:Radford Cecil W Simons Warwick 6d 1593 JFM 1913.

Pauline

Pauline Report 11 Nov 2010 15:01

i think they were both in their 80s
I think my nan was born in Wales and im sure my grandad was born in coventry.

Pauline

Pauline Report 11 Nov 2010 15:02

Thank you

Kucinta

Kucinta Report 11 Nov 2010 15:06

Don't forget to look at your messages inbox for the children, Pauline.

Pauline

Pauline Report 11 Nov 2010 16:55

Please can u help me find any cousins for my grandparents children.

Selena in South East London

Selena in South East London Report 11 Nov 2010 17:08

Do you know if your grandfather had any brothers or sisters?

If you are able to get the marriage certificate it will give you their father's names and also the witnesses may be relatives.

Pauline

Pauline Report 11 Nov 2010 20:43

Hi could u find my grandfathers parents please any brothers or sisters.

Pauline

Pauline Report 11 Nov 2010 20:45

hi again could you please find out his birth parents. any sisters or brothers

Kucinta

Kucinta Report 11 Nov 2010 20:53

Pauline, It's getting to the stage where you will have to purchase certificates as Selena has pointed out, in order to find out more information, without which we probably can't help you any further.

The marriage cert for Edna and Cyril/Cecil is probably the starting point.

BTW, what was your grandfather known as by the family? You started the thread by calling him Cecil, but most records have him as Cyril. I'm still wondering if the 1913 birth ref for Cecil W Radford I found is him. His birth cert should give names of both his parents.

Certificates cost £9.25 to order online and can be ordered from the site below. they usually take a week to arrive.

http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/

Flick

Flick Report 11 Nov 2010 22:16

To find cousins, you have first to establish whether or not you grandparents had any siblings.

This is something you can do yourself.....................look on freebmd for the births of your grandparents and then look for possible siblings........the MMN will be the same.

http://freebmd.rootsweb.com/

The most interesting part of family history research is the info you find for yourself..............you really will find it fun if you start doing some of your own research.

Happy hunting

Kucinta

Kucinta Report 11 Nov 2010 22:30

One of the problems was that Pauline was struggling to find her grandparents' birth records - Flick, you kindly found a death record for Cyril W Radford, but could find no matching birth ref on freeBMD in 1913.

I think I found it as Cecil W Radford, in Warwick, as previously posted.

Edna Jenkins is probably going to be difficult unless Pauline can narrow down the window for her birth - possibly by finding her age given on a marriage cert, hopefully it won't just say 'minor', or 'of full age'.

I do agree the info you find for yourself is the most satisfying!