Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Reay

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gillian

Gillian Report 27 May 2007 16:46

My father, Edward Reay, was born in County Durham on 1st December 1915. He married Muriel Grove in 1955 in Birmingham. He told me that he changed his name by deed poll to Ray, as people were constantly mis-spelling it. There were 2 children, John Edward was born on 6th September 1957 (died 23rd November 1991) and I was born on 7th January 1962. My Dad died in Birmingham on 3rd November 1981. He had several sisters, one of them was Charlotte, known as Lottie, whose husband was Bobby. I remember they lived in Washington Co Durham, Coach Road Estate I think. They had a daughter called Vivienne and I believe another 2 daughters, I think the youngest was Karen, born in about 1964. Dad's other sisters were Eva, Jenny, and Elizabeth (who died at a young age I understand) but he also had other sisters and half sisters whose names I don't know, unfortunately. We have completely lost touch with the Reay family in the North East and I must have lots of cousins I don't know about. If any of these names are familiar would you be so kind as to send me some information, as I would like to find out more about my Dad's side of the family. Many thanks.