Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Reid

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Heather

Heather Report 6 May 2007 15:46

I'm trying to find outmore about : JESSE REID, born c1820 in Marylebone (GG-Grandfather) His father was William Reid, a Labourer. I have no further information on William, and information on Jesse's mother or siblings. I DO HAVE: Jesse married Mary Leatherbarrow in 1845 in Sheffield (I have a copy of the certificate - and found William's name and Mary's maiden name). Their children (all born in Sheffield) were: Elizabeth (c1850) Jesse (c1852) - married Elizabeth Nicholson (G-Grandparents) Charles (c1854) John (c1856) Ruth (c1859) George (c1862) Mary (c1865) Emma (c1868) John (c1869) I also have a mystery surrounding Mary as in the 1891 census, it shows she has a granddaughter called Jessie Reid age 17 born in Carlisle (I do not know of her background). There is also the mystery of Nelly Pollick, age 4,also residing with them as an adopted child and born in Carlisle. Can anyone shed any light on any of the siblings or parents of Jesse please, I would be very grateful. Thank you. Heather UPDATE : Within the past few minutes I have had two messages - thank you Deborah and Shirley. Deborah solved the Jessie/Nellie mystery - Jessie was married to Mary's grandson John, who was also living there in 1891, possibly Nellie was a relative of Jessie Pollick. Shirley has given me many details for Jesse's parents and sibllings. Heather