Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Are there any Ririe's?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Neko

Neko Report 11 Dec 2007 04:33

Hi I'm new to this but looking for on a James Ririe who's birth and death dates are unknown! His daughter Dora Amy born 1898 was my grandmother and she married David Rees in 1918.
His other children were Alexandra, Edward, William, James, George, and John born from 1880 onwards in Merthyr Tydfil, Glamorgan, Wales.
He was married to a Mary Anne Green born 1867.
I have some history going back from Mary Anne but none for James Ririe.

Joanna

Joanna Report 12 Dec 2007 10:18

Chris...I had a look and there's a birth of a Dora Amy Ririe Sep quarter 1898 Newcastle Upon Tyne (volume 10b page 97)

I then stumbled upon this family in 1891. Name transcribed as "Rorie". Wonder if this could be the family? As an army man they would possibly be travelling previously and after 1891.

1891 St Andrew, Northumberland (Soldier's barracks)

Ririe James 35 Soldier (Bugler major) b.Woolwich
Ririe Mary Anne 24 b.Gibraltar (British subject)
Ririe Elizabeth Mary 6 b.India (British Subject)
Ririe Edward Benjamin 4 b.India (British subject)
Ririe Alexander 2 b.Colchester Essex

THere's the birth of a James Ririe Sep quarter 1855 Greenwich (volume 1d page 553)