Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Theresa Penney

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Theresa

Theresa Report 20 Jun 2007 21:01

I am looking for: Lilian Louise Maud Kingsman - Maiden name Roberts Her father was called Albert Robert Roberts and was an artificial florist in 1903. She married my grandfather, Albert Charles Marks, in 1903 (his second marriage) in Hackney London. Albert was a widow. We know there was a suggestion of bigamy surrounding my grandmother (Marie Elma Garrett), Alberts third marriage. Albert did not marry my grandmother until 1915, 5 years after her first son was born in 1911 and just before her eldest son was born in 1916. This would suggest that Albert could not marry because Lilian was still allive. I cannot find Lilian Kingsman's death and wondered if my grandfather married my grandmother bigmously in 1915 or had to wait until Lilian died but possibly under another name. Can anyone help? We have only just discovered this second marraige before my grandmother's.