Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Desperately seeking

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Michelle

Michelle Report 17 Dec 2007 20:16

Hi
can anyone help me i am trying to trace my grandfathers family, my grandfather was named Arthur Roberts and he was born in February 1911 in Bangor, his mothers name was Laura Ellen Roberts. There was a lot of secrecy regarding my grandfathers father and on the birth certificate there is no fathers name, however later on he names he father as Arthur Roberts but i do not know if this is true as we have always been told not to ask about his father as they did not want to say. The only other info i have is that my great grandmother Laura Ellen Roberts married a man named Elias Edwards and that he had been married before so may have had children, they lived in a cottage in Penrhynside Llandudno they married in April 1930 but again we were never told any info about mr Edwards or his family. I dont even know if my Grandfather had any aunts or uncles. I know my grandfather attented Menai bridge school in 1922 as i have a pic of him at the school with his class mates. I know that there was also someone named uncle Griffith Roberts but again have no info regarding him.I know that Lauras mother was named mary Ann James, but i could be mistaken and the surname could be Jones it is difficult to tell on the certificate. My grandfather lived in Wales and so did his mother until he married my nan and moved to London in 1940. my nans name was edna. If anyone thinks they may have a link to my family or can help me i would love to hear from you.
Thanks

Lewella

Lewella Report 17 Dec 2007 23:08

This looks like the family:

1891 Wales Census
about Laura Ellen Roberts
Name: Laura Ellen Roberts
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1889
Relation: Daughter
Father's Name: Robert
Mother's Name: Mary Ann
Where born: Bangor, Caernarvonshire, Wales

Civil Parish: Bangor
Ecclesiastical parish: Bangor
Town: Bangor
County/Island: Caernarvonshire

Registration district: Bangor
Sub-registration district: Bangor
ED, institution, or vessel: 3
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members:
Name Age
Griffith Roberts 9
Laura Ellen Roberts 2
Mary Ann Roberts 25 (born Oldham, Lancashire)
Phineas Roberts 9
Robert Roberts 24

1901 Wales Census
about Laura Ellen Roberts
Name: Laura Ellen Roberts
Age in 1901: 13
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1888
Relation: Daughter
Father's Name: Robert
Mother's Name: Mary Ann
Where born: Pentir, Caernarvonshire, Wales

Civil Parish: Pentir
Ecclesiastical parish: Glanadda St David and Penrhosgarnedd
County/Island: Caernarvonshire

Registration district: Bangor
Sub-registration district: Bangor
ED, institution, or vessel: 16
Neighbors: View others on page
Household schedule number: 135
Household Members:
Name Age
Amy Roberts 4
Laura Ellen Roberts 13
Mary Ann Roberts 42
Robert Roberts 43
Robert Henry Roberts 7

Hope that helps a little

Regards
Lewella

Michelle

Michelle Report 6 Jan 2008 20:46

Hello Lewella
Thankyou so much for your reply, and sorry it has taken me so long to reply very busy at xmas and very ill before.
thankyou for the information i am going to start looking again this week and you have given me somewhere to start it can be very frustrating when you dont have a clue where to start from.
How did you get all the info you gave me and how did you know where to get started do you have a lot of knowledge in searching for familys.
Thankyou again
Michelle