Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Adopted brother

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Martin

Martin Report 2 Jan 2008 12:52

My name is martin richard winter my brother robin and I were abandoned as children, i was a toddler and robin was around 6 weeks old.

he was born at mayday hospital croydon on 05/10/1964 and was adopted in 1968 by a police woman, it's possible that its the one who found us. I was placed into care.

his mother is Shirley Anne Langridge (d.o.b 20/02/1936)
Father is Richard Henry Winter (d.o.b 06/06/1931)

their address at the time of his birth would have been
19 Comport Green
New Addington
Croydon
CR0 0BY

trying to find him, but i know that his name has probably changed since the adoption.

i would be gratefull for any help or information as i have hit a brick wall and don't know where to go from here.

Tanny

Tanny Report 2 Jan 2008 13:52

Hi Martin
You could try going to social services adoption team. This can be done in your local area.
They can trace adoptees & make contact on your behalf.They won't give you Robins name, but if he agrees to contact (if & when they locate him) they will arrange for it to happen.
hope this helps
Sue