Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Rooke

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tracy

Tracy Report 11 Jul 2007 20:12

i am trying to find any reletives of rooke of workington.my grandad was allan rooke 1926-1969.he had3 brothers and 1 sister.they were wilson rooke married millicent george(jud) rooke married bella tom rooke married christine sally rooke married william armstrong there mother was jane (nee) mcree there father was george rooke they lived at 33,henry street marsh&key workington any info would be grateful tracy

Supersleuth

Supersleuth Report 8 Oct 2007 14:50

Hi -

My maiden name is Rooke - I have been waiting patiently for someone to ask :0)

Several generations of my family lived in Workington, Cumbria. I have evidence of when their name changed from Rook to Rooke.

I would really love to see your family tree.

Send me an email and I'll unlock mine.

Best regards

Liz

Poll

Poll Report 12 Oct 2007 19:11

Hi, my maiden name is Rooke and I have been researching my family and they seem to originate in Boltolow in Cumbria - could they be linked.
Paula

alexandra

alexandra Report 5 Jan 2008 08:02

Hi Tracey my dad was Wilson Rooke sadly he died in july 2007 he married my mum Betty hutchinson . he was born in workingington on the 31st october 1921. his father was alos Wilson His mother was
Agnes he had sister irene brothers john willy eric bob his mum also had twins who died and another girl as well who died