Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Is there anybody out there looking looking for a c

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jacky

Jacky Report 2 Sep 2007 22:26

I have hit a brick wall, I am looking for the family of my grandmother
I thought I knew her very well although she died in 1961 when I was 10 years old, she was aged 69.

Catherine Ann Quinn nee Ross I always believed her to be Irish in fact I would have put money on it although she did not have an accent at all, She was born I believe 16th August 1891 Father John Henry Ross mother Annie Fenan ( the father I got from her marriage certificate, 1910 to Elias Threadgold) Toxteth Park Liverpool. The witnesses at the wedding were Albert Ross and Margaret Mary Ross.

The 1901 census gives a Ross family Bickerton St Liverpool father John H mother Annie brother and sister Albert and Margaret M fit
Her husband Elias died WW1 1917 and she was left with 3 sons John Joseph 1911 George Edward 1914 Thomas Albert 1916.

She had a daughter Catherine Annie Jan qtr 1921 who died aged 3mths the informant of the death was an uncle Edward (also a brother on 1901 census)
She re married 1925 to Thomas James Quinn he was born Waterford 1904 and died 1942 a seaman on M V Abosso. she had two more children to him Michael Francis 1926 and Joan Jeanette 1932.

The 1901 census for the Ross family say they were all born Liverpool except the father he was born Mancheser 1857.

Found a John H Ross that fits son of Timothy born Ireland 1836 and Ellen he was a furniture broker in Ardwick.

Family say there was a Scottish/ Irish connection with Catherine may have been from a Romany Family so, Catherine Ann Could be Annie CAtherine can not find her birth in Liverpool nor can I find anything more on Timothy Ross.
You can E mail me on [email protected] if you have the time to look up anything, or if you need anything else.

Would love to solve this, hope you can help.

Jacky

James

James Report 22 Nov 2007 11:38

Hi Jacky,

We too have a problem trying to find a Peter Ross, we have a couple of photos of him on our family tree under his name and wonder if you would have a look at them for us to see if there is any similarity with your family or family friends. Looking forward to hearing from you. Regards Sue.