Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Sapsed

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kay

Kay Report 22 Jun 2007 20:46

Please can somebody help. My Great Auntie Nell (born Ellen Yarnold but also used the name Mallandain) married ?William Sapsed. I cannot find any trace of their marriage or the birth of their son, Billy. As a child I used to visit Auntie Nell in Radlett, Hertfordshire and I remember my dad saying that she had a son called Billy but he had not seen him for years. I have come to a complete standstill on this and don't know where else to look. Many thanks.

Lynn

Lynn Report 26 Dec 2007 20:27

Hello Kay, a late reply on this posting but I only just found the bulletin boards! I have been researching the Mallandain family (including spelling variations) for some time. I have collected a lot of BMD Indexes and one of them is for Ellen M. Mallandain, married in St Olave in March quarter 1928 to spouse Sapsed. The index is volume 1d page 192. This information was sent to me by another researcher so I cannot guarantee the page and vol info so you might want to double check the indexes for that year.

I also have an entry for Lilian F Mallandain who married surname Rumney. Is this one related to you? I assume she might be one of Jessie Yarnold's daughters?

I also found some info related to William Mallandain's will. It seems there was a dispute over the validity of a will produced by Jessie Yarnold after his death. By the time the case went to court, Jessie had married again. I can send you more details if you are interested.

I hope this helps!
Lynn