Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Stoke & Nottingham

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Vicki_Morgan

Vicki_Morgan Report 21 Nov 2007 09:47

Trying to find any information on Sarah Hand born I believe around Nottingham. She had a brother called Frank who lived in Nottingham on Carlton street in 1920. I believe Sarah worked in Stoke area at some potteries for most of her life and I would like to talk with anyone with any information about her. She had a daughter in July 1920 who is my Grandmother - who she put up for foster care before returning to Stoke. Sarah was cremated in Sheffield. Thankyou for any help anyone can give

Suzi-Wong

Suzi-Wong Report 21 Nov 2007 10:09

Hi..if you find Sarah's death in Sheffield..the death cert will give her age..then you look for her birth in the relevant years. Or if you know she married later..after giving up your grandmother.you can check marriage cert for her age and fathers' name.

Suzanne