Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Percival Tresadie Saunders,

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

David

David Report 28 Dec 2007 16:43

Hi,

Iam trying to find info on my grandfather Percival Tresadie Saunders
he was a taix driver in Swansea South Wales,around 1921,his wife
was Margaret nee Lynch.

Thay had three boys Percival my farther,Jacky,and Donald.my farther was born 9th May 1921.

Well if any body can assist in any please drop me a note.

Regards

David

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 28 Dec 2007 17:16

And well you might try to find info, David! You're talking about info regarding his ancestry, I assume.

I can't find the births of any of your father or uncles in the GRO index -- if your father was the eldest, none of them may have been transcribed yet. If your grandparents married shortly before your father's birth, their marriage may not have been transcribed yet. Searching at

http://www.freebmd.org.uk

for the most up-to-date database (Ancestry lags behind), there's nuttin'.

Also can't find a birth for your grandfather. Or your grandfather in the 1901 census. Did he manage to be born just after it?

Now there are candidates for your grandmother -- for instance, this Margaret in Swansea in 1901:

Name: Margaret Lynch
Age in 1901: 4
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1897
Relation: Daughter
Father's Name: James
Mother's Name: Margaret
Where born: Swansea, Glamorgan, Wales

There are loads of Saunders-s in Swansea in 1901, but no Percival. Do you know whether he was from there?

Do you know about your grandmother? Do you know your grandparents' approx dates of birth? the date of their marriage?

If you know the date of their marriage, then even if it isn't transcribed it can be found pretty quickly by downloading the image for the relevant page at Ancestry, to get the registration details. Ordering the marriage certificate would then give you their ages and fathers' names.

Do you know whether Tresadie is a family name of some sort? A search at FreeBMD shows no birth, marriage or death of anyone named Tresadie, as either a surname or a given name. (And google finds it only at an anagram site.) No typo in your post?

Your father's birth registration details are

Apr-May-Jun 1921
SAUNDERS Percival F
mother's surname: Lynch
district: Swansea
vol: 11a
page: 2594

but of course that certificate wouldn't get you any more than you have now. If you have an idea of when his parents married, I or someone can take a shot at looking up the registration details so you could at least get the marriage certificate and make a start.

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 1 Jan 2008 21:29

Following up on your PM (that's "private message"), David, I'll just copy the info for you. ;)

"Margaret Lynch age 4 in 1901 Swansea is my grand mother,I have a birth certified of my father now.

Grandfather information I am finding a bit few and far between, don't think he was born in Swansea, I think Wor/Staff/Midland's area.A taxi driver living at 9 Bernman Street Swnasea in 1921."

If you do a search at

http://www.freebmd.org.uk

for births 1890-1900

surname: Saunders
given name: Percival

you'll see 5 possibilities. Do any of them look like they might match?

Actually, since he could have been older than your grandmother (who was born 1896-7), you might take the search back to 1880 or so.

David

David Report 2 Jan 2008 13:31

Margret Lynch age 4 in 1901 Swansea is
my Grand Mother,I have a Birth Cirtified of
my Farther now.

David S