Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

anyone know the family

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

george4

george4 Report 5 Dec 2007 18:37

my uncles mothers maiden name is scarfe and came from stonehouse gloucestershire think she was born about 1900 had my uncle 1919 his name was samuel edward bucknole donot know what year she married can anyone help

***Lindsay***

***Lindsay*** Report 5 Dec 2007 21:35

Marriage
BUCKNOLE Samuel Scarfe Wakefield.9c 137 4 1917
SCARFE Mary A Bucknole Wakefield.9c 137 4 1917

Births of children of above, may be more later
BUCKNOLE Donald Scarfe Wakefield.9c 67 2 1918
BUCKNOLE Samuel E Scarfe East Stonehouse.5b 494 4 1919

george4

george4 Report 6 Dec 2007 13:32

thankyou lindsay for info on scarfe could iask where you got info as i have been trying to find bucknole surname for a while jenny

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 6 Dec 2007 13:44

Possibly the information was from the freebmd site.
Click on search and put in a name and type of record.
Don't be too eager to fill in too much information......A little seems to work best.

http://freebmd.rootsweb.com/cgi/search.pl

Gwyn

***Lindsay***

***Lindsay*** Report 6 Dec 2007 15:22

Hi Gardener
Got the info from familyrelatives.com. All indexes 1866-1920 are searchable by name which is really handy. Has lots of other stuff too.
Lindsay