Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Descendants of William Scott jeweller London and S

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lynda

Lynda Report 4 Nov 2007 12:25

Looking for descendants of the brothers of my great grandmother, Edith Scott –the children of William Scott, a wholesale jeweller, who lived in St Albans Hertfordshire for many years but had a business in London. He went bankrupt in the early 1890’s and died in 1894.

Percy Scott, born Finchley, Middlesex in 1856, married Ellen Rosa J Kennett, Marylebone District 1890. Children: Douglas Scott born ‘London’ c. 1891 and twins Olive Scott and Margaret/Marguerite Scott born ‘London’ c. 1892. All of them may have been born in Wandsworth District, but they were living in Willesden in 1901. Percy Scott was a jeweller’s commission agent at that time.

Also Cecil Scott, born St Albans Hertfordshire 1862, married Lizzie Gertrude Reynolds, St Albans 1896. One son: Denis Herbert Scott, born St Albans 1899. Cecil Scott was a solicitor in St Albans, who died in 1925. Denis Scott married Laura Innes Foster at Northam, Devon in 1932.

Also trying to find out what happened to their sister Rosalie Scott, born St Pancras District 1855 (probably at father’s business premises, Ely Place). I have not been able to find a death or marriage for her.

I have a lot of information on this family.