Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Searle

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Teresa

Teresa Report 7 May 2005 22:08

My grand father was called Gilbert Victor Mons Searle, he was born in hambledon hampshire in 1914,he was the youngest of 9 children,i know that 2 brothers were called george searle and jack searle,he also had a sister called mabel we think or mable was his auntie but we know for sure that he had a sister called violet and edith. I also know that he had a niece called may,his mother and father were called john and jessie.My great grandfather died in the battle of mons in ww1 when my great grand mother was pregnant with my grandad. My great grandmother died when my grandad was 11.My grandad went to live with his auntie and then at 17 won the pools [a grand sum of 17 pounds] which lead him to move to gosport for work,then he met my nan Moria ellen edney,and they went on to have my mother maureen searle. If any one can help me find some family i would be very grateful,thank you, Teresa Palmer xx

Ruth

Ruth Report 3 Mar 2018 15:27

Hi Teresa I am Ruth from Colchester I think I am your aunt .My mother was Edith may Searle from Hambledon ,Mons was her young brother. She was born in 1912 ,Mons in 1914. I would love to heard from you. You have lots of cousins in Essex.

Rambling

Rambling Report 3 Mar 2018 15:29

Ruth it's 13 years since Teresa posted so she is unlikely to be looking for replies now. Click on her name to send a message, if she has the same email address she will receive notification and be able to reply.

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 4 Mar 2018 02:46

Hi Ruth ... as Nyx says. :-)

However, it seems that Teresa has had two accounts here, and the other one is more recent.

Go here

https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/tree/results/searle/gilbert?memberkey=0&yearofbirth=1914

and you will see three results. If you click on "Find out more" next to the one where she has included her middle name in her username, she might possibly have a more up to date email address in that account and be more likely to receive a message.

There is also one other person who has Gilbert in her tree, and you could try contacting her as well.

Note that notices of replies in threads are not automatically sent out. You have to click "Watch this" at the top of the thread for that to happen.