Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Seeger

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Yvonne

Yvonne Report 21 Jul 2007 17:36

Dietrich Johann Louis Seeger was born in Germany c1830. He came to England in the late 1850s, first to be a sugar baker and then a fur skin dresser. He died in Stratford in 1906. He had two wives and thirteen children.

His son Frederic Seeger b1881 in Canning Town was my great grandfather. He said little about his family. Apart from contact from one of his elder sisters' great great grandsons, I know nothing of the family at all. My great grandfather was a fur skin dresser and worked at George Rice's in east London. His son, my grandfather, also Frederick Seeger b1903, also worked there, as did my father (also Frederick Seeger b1922) - but only for a year or so. I would like to find out more about other members of the family.

My father had two sisters and one brother. They were Margaret Rose b1925, Rosalind b1920 and Stanley b1936. Rosalind died April 1957. She had a daughter called Patricia Ellen Roberts who married David Victor William Potton in 1968. I believe they had a son John in 1975 and lived in the Brentwood area.