Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Selby

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Christopher

Christopher Report 26 Aug 2004 08:30

Hi, I am trying to find anyone who has any connection to my father Fred Selby. All i know about his background is that he was born in 1904 in Kingston upon Hull his mother was French and I think called Rosilla? he was the second youngest of 18 and ran away from home at 14 after his mother died and his dad re married. He lived in London for some time around the 1930s. Sorry thats all the info I have.

Elsie

Elsie Report 7 Nov 2007 05:44

hi my fathers name was fred selby i dont know the rxact date of birth my mum was born in 1910 so the age could be right they were not married and he was in the airforce i know he had an accent north country i think i was about 6 years old when he left mum with 7 children altogether.5 girls and 2 boys .,manchester,. i am not allowed to give the rest of the address out on here i was born in 1940 and he must have left around 1946 i dont know if this helps ,we never saw him again
regards elsie selby