Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Self

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Eric

Eric Report 15 Apr 2005 16:35

My name is Eric Self. I was born near Diss in Norfolk in 1927. My father was born in Wingfield in Suffolk and he moved to Diss. His father was Henry Self. I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has information about the family or who thinks that I could help them.

Franksfan

Franksfan Report 21 Dec 2007 21:48

Hi Eric

I am a descendant of the Self family who originated in Suffolk. My mother was Doris Self (1917) and her father was Edward Self 1884. Edward married Beatrice Hatt. Edward's father was John Self 1851 who married Ellen Barker 1857. All the Selfs mentioned here came from Suffolk, some from Wingfield where you said your father was born. However you didn't give his name but you mentioned Henry Self (your grandfather??) I cannot find a Henry Self in my tree but it seems a coincidence that your Self family seem to come from Suffolk and so do mine.

Do you think we have a connection?
Regards Wendy