Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Shaw

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaret

Margaret Report 13 Jun 2007 16:27

Charles Shaw, born c1820 in St Martin's, Middlesex (father named James, a tailor). Married 23 February 1845 in St Leonard Shoreditch Mary Payne born c1818 in Shoreditch (father John, a smith) and had issue: Charles born c1847* Alfred J. born c1849 Edwin H. born 3 May 1852 William J born c1855 Eliza Ann born 30 April 1859 *Charles married Elizabeth Cray and had 5 children: Charles W born c1872 George E born 17 August 1873 (my g.grandfather)** Arthur Robert born c1876 Elizabeth born c1884 (in Halifax, Yorkshire) Frank J. born 1888 **George Edwin married 4 July 1897 Ada Sarah Edmonds in Camberwell, and had six sons: George William Shaw (my grandfather) 16 December 1872 Charles Edmonds Shaw (Charlie) 1899/1900 married Minnie William Frederick Shaw (Bill) born 1905 married Beryl Alfred Shaw (Elf) married Rose Albert Shaw married Emmy Frederick Shaw born 1911(Freddie was the station master in Soham, Cambridgeshire, which was closed in 1965). The younger four are not in chronological order, though Freddie was the youngest. One of my grandfather's brothers had a little granddaughter named, we think, Caroline, and she was one of my parent's bridesmaids in 1951 - her Mum may have been called Beryl.Beryl was given a nickname by her Dad. I would so love to make contact with any descendants of the above. These six boys grew up in Walthamstow and sveveral continued to live in the area. Thank you!