Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Bernard Shaw Born Oxfordshire / Emegrated To Austr

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Thomas

Thomas Report 9 Dec 2007 21:18

Bernard Shaw was the son of Frederick William Shaw, Bernard was born in Oxfordshire (Near Anyno Village) it is known that Bernard emigrated to Australia can you help?
Bernard's had three sisters and a brother: Ethel, Phylis, Ronald and Doreen Shaw.

Bernard Shaws Mothers maiden name was Humphris.

Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year to you all

Regards

Tom

Valerie

Valerie Report 10 Dec 2007 04:16

Hi Tom. Can you give me a few more clues - his age an when abouts he came out to 'Oz'?. Any idea which State he went to? I have just noticed these: Bernard Shaw birthdate 21/10/27 (arrived c1949) and Bernard Philip Shaw arrived Perth (application for immigration 1948-56) Valerie (WAus)

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 10 Dec 2007 04:37

Is this his mother and father's marriage registration??

Marriages Jun 1901 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cusworth Sarah Maria Dudley 6c 65
>>>>HUMPHRIS Sarah Ann Dudley 6c 65
POWELL Charles Edward Dudley 6c 65
>>>>SHAW Frederick Dudley 6c 65

If you do not already have this certificate, you should buy it. It will tell you the ages of the bride and groom, their occupations, where they lived, and the names and ocupations of the two fathers. That will give us a lead to tracing them further back.

Go to www.gro.gov.uk, click on Ordering Certificates Online, and follow instructions. The GRO reference number you are asked for is the set of 2 numbers after Dudley.

Each certificate costs £7

sylvia

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 10 Dec 2007 04:45

This looks like Phyllis' birth registration

Births Sep 1911 (>99%)

SHAW Phyllis M Humphris Dudley 6c 117

mmn Humphris

- - - -

How sure are you that he was born in Oxfordshire??? Do you have his birth certificate as proof?

I ask because if the registrations that I have found are corrct, momma and poppa were married in Dudley in 1901, and Phyllis was born in Dudley in 1911.

I cannot find a Bernard Shaw born in Oxfordshire in the time period 1900 t0 1925

sylvia