Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

William Slessor

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

William

William Report 15 Aug 2007 10:38

Just noticed your enquiry. You give few details. I have Slessors in my tree but not a Nellie but she could be missing. If she had a brother Andrew who was born in 1849 and married a Mary Dunbar then there might be a connection. All details would be in Aberdeen or Aberdeenshire. Look me up on the site - William Slessor

Elsie

Elsie Report 26 Nov 2007 13:30

Hello William,

I have no connection with your family, so let me explain.

I have a book, published in 1929, which is a biography of a pioneer missionary in Africa. The book is called MARY SLESSOR OF CALABAR.

She was born in a suburb of Aberdeen on December 2nd 1848. Her father, Robert Slessor, who was a shoemaker, belonged to Buchan. His wife, an only child, came from Old Meldrum. She was brought up in a house of refinement and piety.

They had seven children, Robert the eldest, then Mary. The other children were called Susan, John,
and Janie, the youngest. The family had later moved to Dundee, where some of the children born. Robert senior became a labourer.

I hope this information may be of some help to you.

Regards

Elsie

Elsie

Elsie Report 26 Nov 2007 13:31

Hello William,

I have no connection with your family, so let me explain.

I have a book, published in 1929, which is a biography of a pioneer missionary in Africa. The book is called MARY SLESSOR OF CALABAR.

She was born in a suburb of Aberdeen on December 2nd 1848. Her father, Robert Slessor, who was a shoemaker, belonged to Buchan. His wife, an only child, came from Old Meldrum. She was brought up in a house of refinement and piety.

They had seven children, Robert the eldest, then Mary. The other children were called Susan, John,
and Janie, the youngest. The family had later moved to Dundee, where some of the children born. Robert senior became a labourer.

I hope this information may be of some help to you.

Regards

Elsie