Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

David Smith

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaret

Margaret Report 7 Sep 2010 17:09

Does anyone have any information about David Smith who, at the beginning of the 21st century, had a dye-works in Hough End, Bramley Leeds? margaret

Corinne

Corinne Report 7 Sep 2010 19:31

Do you really mean the beginning of the 21st century - 10 years ago?

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 7 Sep 2010 19:44

Margaret, what sort of info are you after? If it's about the dye works then there's lots of results on Google.

If it's about David then we'd need a bit more to go on - it's a very common name.

Margaret

Margaret Report 8 Sep 2010 15:47

David Smith. Sorry! He had a dyeworks at the beginning of the 20th century not the 21st as I wrote in my previous message Margaret

jax

jax Report 8 Sep 2010 16:11

n

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 8 Sep 2010 16:12

From Margaret's duplicate thread:

A reply to Anne-Marie. David Smith was my great- grandfather. The only information I have is that he had a dyeworks at Hough End Bramley in Leeds at the beginning of the 20th century. He had a son called Walter. I am seeking more information about him. Could you please suggest whereabouts on Google I might find information about his dyeworks. Margaret

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 8 Sep 2010 16:21

Margaret, in the Google search box enter any words which are relevant, e.g. dyeworks Bramley (although I'm not an expert in giving Google training!).

If you're after general records and census info then it's not going to be easy with a name like Smith. Since your first post you've added that he had a son called Walter. Is Walter an ancestor of yours? Do you know anything more about him - wife, children, anything? That might give something to work back from.