Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to trace knowledge of my mother Eileen Flor

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Loraine

Loraine Report 20 Sep 2010 01:05

I haven't seen or heard of my mother since I was 3 1/2yrs old, do not have a lot of background information, other than her maiden name was Eileen Florence Smith. Born to my grandparents, Albert Henry Smith and not sure of my grandmother's christian or maiden name. My mother had 2 brothers whose names I cannot remember, one was an older brother and the younger one died when he was quite young. They lived at 135 Old Oak Common Lane, East Acton, London W3 (the house I was born in).

My mother married my father Ronald Walter Skipper at St Gabriels Church, West Acton, London W3 on 20th September 1947 aged 18yrs, so was born in 1929 not sure of the day/month. They were divorced some 5yrs later, and after that no-one knows the whereabouts of my mother or my grandparents. So would love to know what happened to them, perhaps my mother remarried some time and had another family somewhere ???? and sadly I guess my grandparents may have passed away !!

If anything sounds familiar or you think you can help in some way I would be pleased to hear.

Best regards,
Loraine Quarrell (nee Skipper)

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 20 Sep 2010 01:54

There's an Eileen F Smith birth in 1929, that could match with this marriage:

Name: Albert H Smith
Spouse: Gertrude W Jones (Ancestry says "Gertride")
Date of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar 1918
Registration district: Hendon
Registration county (inferred): Middlesex
Volume Number: 3a
Page Number: 639

If so, poor you -- Smith and Jones. Identifying siblings could be difficult.

There's another birth in Middlesex that year, in the registration district where your parents married, but the mother's surname in the record doesn't match with a marriage of an Albert H Smith.

I'll send you the birth details for those two births privately.

Liz 47

Liz 47 Report 20 Sep 2010 11:53

If you go to friends reunited you can do a street search. The road is listed and several members have details on there. Perhaps one of these members may know something of your family.
Good luck,
Liz

Julie

Julie Report 20 Sep 2010 12:00

My Aunt lived on Old Oak Common up till 1984

Julie

Julie Report 20 Sep 2010 13:07

Pardon

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 20 Sep 2010 14:40

Confusing. ;) Got me too at first!

Loraine was born in a house on Old Oak Common.

Julie replied that her aunt lived there.

I think Liz thought it was Loraine replying that her aunt lived there. ;)

I did PM Loraine, so hopefully she will return and see Julie's note -- Julie's aunt might know someone, or someone who knows someone ...?

... Loraine has read my PM ...

Liz 47

Liz 47 Report 20 Sep 2010 16:58

Sorry !
Liz