Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Alfred Edward Smith Born Q4 1892 in Arrow Alcester

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

David

David Report 15 Mar 2011 11:03

Alfred Edward is one of My Grandfathers brothers. We know when and where he was born from Parish Records and Census for1901(Berkeley Frome) & 1911(Clink Frome). We also know he was in the police Force in South Wales. He had a Son, William & a daughter, Winifred. We seem to be unable to Find who he married so cannot trace his descendants. I am trying to fill in the family tree downwards from my Great Grandfather and he is the one strand I cannot complete.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jonesey

Jonesey Report 15 Mar 2011 11:05

If the children were born after 1911 then their mothers maiden name should appear on their birth registration/certificate.

David

David Report 15 Mar 2011 11:12

Jonesey
That is where the problem lies all we know is that he married a "Ginny" Or "Jenny" but that gets us no closer

Mike *

Mike * Report 15 Mar 2011 11:25

Long shot but there is are births for William and Winifred with this name combination.

Check them out on freebmd

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marriages Jun 1924 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DAVEY Jennie - Smith - Glanford B. 7a 1891
SMITH Alfred E - Davey - Glanford B. 7a 1891

Jonesey

Jonesey Report 15 Mar 2011 11:26

Sorry when you said that you knew that he had children named William and Winifred I assumed that you knew where/when they were born.

The long winded answer will be to look on www.freebmd.org.uk to try to see if you can find the births of a William Smith and a Winifred Smith whose mothers maiden name was the same. Then it will be a case of trying to find the marriage of an Alfred E Smith to a woman whose maiden name matches that shown on the children's birth registrations.

Good luck

David

David Report 15 Mar 2011 11:48

Mike
That looks promising i'll have a dig, May thanks
Jonesey
I'll try your suggestion as well, many thakns