Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

grace matilda smith

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Natalie

Natalie Report 1 Nov 2007 18:30

hi can any one help me im trying to find my nans children, my dads name is gary smith he lived in tilbury essex with his mum grace smith, but grace had four other children one of my dads brothers( know as david evans now) got in contact in 2004 when my nan died, they are believed to have a sister and two more brothers, we do know that the sisters name is debbie and she lives in chadwell essex and she has two children, if anyone knows anything please please please get in contact

many thanks natalie smith

Liz 47

Liz 47 Report 1 Nov 2007 19:15

Did you have an address/phone no. in 2004 for your relative? If so, it may be worth trying - even if he has moved there may be a forwarding address.
Hope you find them,
Kind regards, Liz

Natalie

Natalie Report 2 Nov 2007 18:13

the address was 26 fenan high way tilbury essex, but they did live down raphel avenue when my dad was 1 in 1965, daid is a year older than my dad and i believe that there are two brothers and a sister who are all older than my dad(gary smith) david was adorpted by mrs evans who lived in gainsborough avenue number 10 i do believe.please if anyone can keep in would be very very grateful
thank you natalie

Natalie

Natalie Report 2 Nov 2007 18:22

my dads b.o.d is 22 october 1964and davids is 17 0ctober 1963 my nans b.o.d was 10 march 1932 she had a brother called dennis henry smith, and a sister irish smith know as iris gibbons now,please if anyone can help me and my dad have spoken a he would like to know just who his brothers and sister is, my dad(gary smith) never knew he had brothers and sisters untill david got in contact in 2004, as my nan(grace matilda smith) never told him many thanks natalie

Janice

Janice Report 2 Nov 2007 19:46

Hi Natalie,
Was your dad by any chance born in Amersham?

Do you know where David was born?

I can find neither in the bmd indexes in Essex.

I found Grace M Smith born mar qtr 1932 in Edmonton - mother's maiden name was Alsford - does this sound like your nan?
Regards
Janice

Natalie

Natalie Report 2 Nov 2007 20:13

my g.nans name was ellan smith my dad was born in tilbury essex and so was david evans davids last name changed to evans when he was adopted, all the children were born in tilbury eseex

many thanks for helping me im really grateful as i am not sure how to find the other children my dads d.o.b is 22 october 1964 once agagin than you so much.
my g.nans name maiden name was ashford yes my dad as just told me xxx