Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Arthur Philip Hawkshaw SMITH

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mary Christina

Mary Christina Report 10 Nov 2007 20:11

I am trying to find any member of my father's family His full name was as above and he was born in October 1923 and died in 1988. My mother left him when I was 8 and allowed no contact with him after that. I decided some years ago to try and trace him through the RAF only to find he had died the year before. I know nothing of his family - whether he haad any brothers or sisters or indeed any further children.
Any help would be very appreciated.
Mary Christina Gordon (nee Smith)

***Lindsay***

***Lindsay*** Report 10 Nov 2007 20:18

Birth reg
Q4 1923
Arthur P H Smith MMN Atkinson Prestwich 8d pg 666

***Lindsay***

***Lindsay*** Report 10 Nov 2007 20:28

? Arthurs parents marriage
SMITH Walter Atkinson Prestwich.8d 784 2 1919
Atkinson Annie E Prestwich.8d 784 2 1919

Mary Christina

Mary Christina Report 10 Nov 2007 20:37

Many thanks Lindsay - the only info I had was his mothers maiden name of Atkinson so couldn't get any further. I didn't even know his parents first names. My mother is still alive but still refuses to give any info.
Mary Christina