Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

what am i doing wrong !?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Angela

Angela Report 29 Dec 2007 11:31

can anyone help please ? i'm trying to find a marriage and / or death cert for maria / mary southall m/s espinosa and i'm hitting a brick wall , or more likely doing something wrong !maria was born in spain apparently c 1840 , she married john southall early 1860's i think ( eldest child i can find born 1866 ) i have her on 1901 census in hammersmith . i've ordered john's death cert in the hope of finding out if maria was still alive then , anything else i can do ? thanks , angela

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 29 Dec 2007 11:48

Have you seen this death? Maybe her?
Dec 1903
Southall Mary Ann 86 Lambeth 1d 191

Angela

Angela Report 29 Dec 2007 12:10

thankyou keith , but age doesn't match , she was about 61 in 1901 census

Angela

Angela Report 1 Jan 2008 17:56

dear joan , didn't think it was that common back then , but would make sense . do you think they would have to bury her under m/s ? thankyou for reply and suggestion , angela