Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Maureen Quinn

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maureen

Maureen Report 7 Aug 2004 21:31

My name is Maureen Spellacy. Father'same was Robert, mother's name was Margaret. Lived in Craigbank until my mother and father retired to Rothesay. Now live in Canada and have been over here for 35years. Would like to hear from any cousins out there that maybe remember our family.

Peter

Peter Report 5 Jan 2008 18:32

Hi Maureen
My Name is Peter Connor I live in Ayrshire, Scotland. I was born in Rothesay. Isle of Bute. I have been doing my family tree since 1980 and have only put this on computer in the past year.
During my research I was also advised by a cousin that the name Spellacy was part of the family.
Now I start with Robert who married Janet Duncan, they stayed around Kilchattan Bay/Kingarth area. she had 2 children that I know of before Robert died. Grace b. 23/12/1864 and John.
At this point Janet must have moved into Rothesay and in the 1891 census stayed at 6 John St. She then married again to Archiebald MacKay on the 05/07/1887 he lived in Russell St. Archie is my gt,gt. granfather. They went on to have another 8 children.
I don't know if this is a direct relative or a cousin etc. but it is certainly a relation of yours and mine,
Wud love to hear from you, as I am also e-mailing an Isobel Ferguson from Kilmarnock who is also a relation of the Spellacys.
Peter