Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Spence

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Adam

Adam Report 10 May 2007 01:27

Trying to find family details for Francis SPENCE, born c.1835 in Meerut, India, he was my Great Great Grandfather on my mothers' fathers' side. He was a Seaman, and I have all his discharge papers from the vessels he sailed on from the age of 19 upto when he was 34. He returned to North Shields, England, from India which is where I have been able to fill in the family line back to myself. We believe that the family may have been involved in Tea plantations but have no way of checking as records weren't kept as vigorously back then in India. He married Elizabeth b.circa 1837 (maiden name unknown), and they had sons; John b.1868 (my Great Grandfather), Edward b.circa1873 and Francis b.circa1875, and daughters; Sarah b.circa1870, and Elizabeth b.circa1882. Please get in touch should anyone be able to shed light on his ancestory