Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Edwin Tyrie

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Edwin

Edwin Report 5 Feb 2005 08:48

I am trying to trace my mother's family. Her name was Hilda May Spinks, born in 1904. Her sister Enid Mary was two years younger born in 1906. Her father was Charles Henry Spinks born 1880/81 to Charles and Hannah Spinks. The family has a long connection with Kings Norton, Worcestershire, and I believe there were other siblings named Beatrice, John and Sarah. At the 1881 Census Charles and Hannah lived in Harvington. At the 1901 Census they had moved to 17 Manhouse Lane, Kings Norton. Still looking but would love to hear from anybody who has a common interest.

Valerie

Valerie Report 25 Oct 2007 20:00

Dear Edwin, My grandmother was Nellie Spinks also a daughter of Charles and Hannah and appears in the 1891 census. She was obviously sent into service as she lived at 15 Wharfe Road in 1901. I am not sure what happened to her after that but she gave birth to my father Frederick in 1912 and he was brought up by a family called Jones in kidderminster. Sadly he died in 1981 and never knew his mother. I am very anxious to find out more about her for my brother and myself.. She did marry a Joseph Henry Smith in 1918..widower. love to here from you. Val Worthington