Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Sproat

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Colin

Colin Report 7 May 2007 16:10

Trying to find relatives. The following Great Uncles were Willie (William) Sproat born 1881 in Shirehampton, Gloucstershire England Harrry Sproat born 1885 Shirehampton, Gloucstershire, Thomas Sproat born 1889 Bristol Herbert Sproat born 1893 Bristol. their sister and my Grandmother was Beartice (Nellie) Sproat born 1890 Bristol. I know that Willie served in the army in WW I Harry served in the Royal navy (WW I)and possibly in WW II have a photograph of him on HMS Warspite. Thomas served in the Royal Navy on various ships (WW I)and was awarded the DSM while serving on a submarine. Herbert Sproat served in the Canadian Army during WW I. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you