Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

John and Thomas Stallwood, circa 1780-1810

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AllanC

AllanC Report 27 Dec 2007 21:17

I have two families of Stallwoods on my family tree, both from the High Wycombe area. John Stallwood was the great-grandfather of James Stallwood who married Sarah Child, sister of Charles Edward Child. Charles married Ellen Easden, whose great-grandfather was Thomas Stallwood. I have no dates for either John or Thomas but they would have been around in the years 1780 to 1810, how much earlier or later is anyone's guess. So were they related? And how closely?

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 28 Dec 2007 00:03

Way too much info missing for one of us helpful hands here to be much help. Marriage of James Stallwood and Sarah Child, for some slight orientation in time, assuming these to be them:

Marriages Dec 1864
Child Sarah Elizabeth Wycombe 3a 696
Stallwood James Henry Wycombe 3a 696

So if James was born 1840-45ish, say -- there's a choice of two after 1837:

Births Jun 1843
Stallwood James Wycombe 6 417
Births Dec 1844
STALLWOOD James Wycombe 6 395

-- you think his gr-grfather John could have been born as late as 1810? I would think earlier than 1790 even. Father born c1820, grfather born c1800 or before ...

An Ancestry user has corrected several mistranscribed Stallwood records in Buckinghamshire in the 1841 census. If you don't know her, you might want to talk.

Have you identified the Stallwood generation that would be, say, the parents, and possibly the grandparents, of James and Ellen in the 1841? (No names given, so can't do it.) Tried working back from them in the IGI? You know the names John and Thomas because they're the parents (in the IGI? parish records?) of the last generation whose births are findable, is that it?