Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ruth Stansfield

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ruth

Ruth Report 21 Sep 2006 06:28

Trying to find any relatives of robert b.1846 todmorden wife alice nee denton b.1839 prescot. sons Abraham b.1878 bolton, frederick b.1886 bolton.and john b.1846 todmorden. Abraham was my grandfather, known to us as Ernest, when he was in Australia and inlisted in the AIF , we believe he had been in the force in England what happened we don,t know. He gave a Miss H. stansfield, as his sister,and next of kin, her address at that time was 64 Lyon Street Bolton England. He also mentioned a sister living in London, who had children, and they called hin uncle ern, so the story goes. Its been dead ends every time I try to trace any of these people, There were alot of lies told about his family, don,t know if he had been married and divorced or some such thing which was a no no in those days, I really hope thfere is someone out there that can help

David

David Report 25 Oct 2007 18:16

My grandfather's brother Will Yarnall married Ruth( coincidence) Stansfield, born 1874. The Yarnall's lived in Bolton
Could there be a connection

John