Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find steane

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Claire

Claire Report 18 Nov 2004 17:01

I am trying to find Steane's who think they are related. My Great nan was Sarah Eliza Steane born c1900 in Lambeth, London. She had a brother called William born c1901 in Lambeth. I know what happened to Sarah Steane-She married a Richard George Hepden and they had one son called Richard Charles Hepden. Sarah died when she was 37 and Richard George remarried some years later. I don't know what happened to her brother William Steane? All I know is that he moved to Pinner. I would like to know if he married and had any children and if there are any living Steane's today who are related to me in some way! Hope someone can help.

Anthony

Anthony Report 29 Oct 2007 18:22

Hello Claire, don't know if you'd be interested but I have a Steane Website which you'd be very welcome to join.

Membership of the site is FREE, it's non-commercial and we have about 70 members worldwide all of whom are Steane or have close family connections, (My Gran was a Steane). The only way in is by invitation from me, if you would like to know more please get in touch at: [email protected]. or if you are in UK you can phone me on: 01454 317262.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Tony Baker
Bristol, England