Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Stopps

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Graham

Graham Report 22 Jul 2007 12:03

This is a big long shot, but here goes! My father was born in September 1928 but my gran never married his natural father so my dad was given the name Eric Stopps (that being his mothers maiden name). I know his biological father came back when my dad was about two or three years old and wanted my gran to marry him but she turned him down. My gran's name was Hilda Stopps and was often known as as Lill The family lived in Leamington Spa, Warwickshire. I know almost nothing of my dads real dad, not even his name! However, I have often wondered what became of him and if he had a family. I know he used to travel around doing casual work and was a sort of gypsy, getting work on farms and such like. Perhaps in later life he told someone about his son? If any of this rings any bells please get in touch. My gran never told my dad anything and there's no-one left alive that can help me. My dad is almost 79 and has never expressed any interest in his biological father but I am curious to know at least a little bit more. Can anyone help?