Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

need help

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ronnie

Ronnie Report 3 Jan 2008 03:20

I am trying to do my famly history but have no one who i can ask
all i have is a copy of my parents marriad certifi
my dad william sutcliffe born 1929 he married joan bradley in 1958
my dad farther was william frederick sutcliffe and my mother dad
was alfred bradley my dad mother maiden name was morris from the burnley district my mother mother maiden name was woodcock from stockport
I have the following record no
8e236 william birth
8a108 joan birth
as i have name of my grand parrent how do i tie tham up
ie married

as i live in new zealand i really appreciate any help or advice you can give me as at the moment i am stumbling around in the dark
regards
Ronnie Sutcliffe

Yvette

Yvette Report 3 Jan 2008 06:48

easy start
google the names (individually)that you have followed by district and
year,
regards Yvette

Battenburg

Battenburg Report 3 Jan 2008 07:00

Hi Ronnie.
Im in NZ too. The ref no's you have are incomplete. You need the year and which qt and district to order the certs online from GRO.

William Sutcliffe born 1929 June qt Burnley mother Morris. Gro ref no 8e 236.
What year was Joan born and where did you get the ref no for their births. Im trying to establish when your grandparents might have married. I have checked 1921-1930 without success. However some qt's are missing

Did your grandparents,parents emigrate or was it only you?. If anyone died in Britain and you know around when that will help.

Margaret