Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Violet Swift

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Amy

Amy Report 9 Nov 2007 16:55

I have so far managed to trace my family back to my great grandfathers parents but am struggling on my great granmothers side. Her name was Violet Swift and was born January of 1902 or 1903, she married William Wharin some time around the 1920's, they had 3 daughters and one son. I am trying to find her parents and siblings etc. I have her siblings names but not dates their names are Ethel, May, Norah, Grace, Eddie and Alf. Sorry if it seems a little waffled but I only started doing this yesterday.

Irene

Irene Report 9 Nov 2007 17:08

Looks like Violet was born at Doncaster 1902 and and married William at Doncaster 1924. If you purchase a copy of Violet's birth certificate it will tell you her parents details and give an address where she was born and perhaps her parents can then be found in the 1901 census, The birth certificate will tell you her mother's maiden name so you could then find her parents marriage details and then work backwards to complete your family details. Good luck Irene

Amy

Amy Report 9 Nov 2007 17:24

I know William was born in 1900. They had their first child in 1928. Violet was born in Doncaster as was William.