Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Tallack

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Glenys

Glenys Report 5 Mar 2004 01:07

My Grandmother was Esther Elizabeth Tallack, born in Millbrook 1901. She had 5 brothers, Travignon, Reginald, Harold, Edwin and George (died 1902). Father was Charles George Tallack, born in Cape of Good Hope approx 1854. Mother Elizabeth Mary Pearce. Any help much appreciated.

Ronald

Ronald Report 13 Nov 2007 20:45

Glenys, I note it is 3yrs since you posted this query but I have just got round to looking at the Tallack part of my extended tree.
I believe that there is a family connection...not direct to your Charles but there are clues.
My ? Tallack was a sea capt. He married Isabel ? & they had (at least) 8 children. 3 were born at sea. The oldest traced so far is Charles b. abt 1875. Isabel was born in Bedminster area of Bristol & that is where most of the other children were born.
I realise that the dates are a bit out but the name & the sea link is certainly a co-incidence.
Have you any information that might add to my knowledge ie other Tallack names in Bristol area.
Perhaps I might hear from you before 2010!!

Regards, Ron W New