Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

TANNAHILL'S FROM IRELAND

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Karen

Karen Report 27 Aug 2007 17:06

I am trying to trace anyone that has Tannahill in there family from Ireland, have traced back to my GGGGG Grandfather Joseph, to find that family name is not Hill But Tannahill, and for some reason, when he arrived in Scotland, he dropped the Tanna, all i know is that his name, was Joseph b abt 1796, and may have come from Co Antrim,
Any help would be appreceiated

Regards
Karen

Patrick

Patrick Report 28 Aug 2007 17:14

Hi Karen i a have a John Tannahill (Hill) who married a relative in 1849 in Girvan Ayrshire dont know his fathers name.They went to Australia,is there a connection with your family from Ireland.Regards Patrick

Tammy

Tammy Report 21 Dec 2007 22:26

Hi Karen
Im trying to trace tannahill as well the is a Ann tannahill who lived in oldham born 1950 .im trying to trace her daughter carol anne born in 1974.if you write in at the top the is an ann tannahill in someones family tree.
hope we can help each other.
kindest regards tammy

Karen

Karen Report 23 Dec 2007 12:42

Hi Tammy

I I have checked all tannahills but cant find any connections with mine, as i said they came over from Ireland in early 1800's and settled in Scotland other than that i have hit a brick wall, i cant get connection to Ireland

Merry XMas
Karen

Tammy

Tammy Report 23 Dec 2007 18:34

hi karen
ann came over from northen irleand in 1968
kind regards tammy