Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Tatham

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Christopher

Christopher Report 3 Nov 2005 23:41

I am trying to find out any information about my Grandfather James George Tatham. His death certificate shows that he was living in Barkingside Essex in 1952 (the year he died), and his age at death would have put her birth at around 1875/6. I am assuming that he married my Grandmother (Sarah Jane Pryke) at some stage as my fathers birth certificate, and her death certificate both show her as a tatham at those points. however, I have been unable to trace a marriage between them. if anyone has any information about the union of my grandparents, or indeed where/when they were born, I would be grateful if you could share it with me.

Leonard

Leonard Report 9 Nov 2007 22:05

Hi Christopher, I have Tathams in my tree, so I decided to do some research on your Tathams to see if there was some connection. I started with James George. The only James George I could find was James George Tattam (a common typing error). He was born in Sherington Bucks registered in Newport Pagnell in the 3rd 1/4 of 1875, his father was George & his mother Lucy. In1901 he had 4 siblings, Frederick aged 23, Rodger 17, Ethel 14 & George 10. All born in Sherington & unmarried. At this time they were living in Enfield Middlesex. George senior had a General carriers business. Like you I cannot find any evidence of James marrying Sarah Jane Pryke. It could be that they were married abroad, the paperworks missing or they lived together and just adopted the Tatham surname. As for Sarah Jane Pryke, there are too many to research without more info. ie. date of birth & place of birth. Does any of this ring a bell? So far I have not found a connection with my tree. But remember this research is only speculative, no hard proof. Let me know how you get on. Best Wishes Len Brewer